If you are a nature lover, you will probably know that there is some amazing wildlife to be seen in Africa and Asia. Many people however, don’t realize that many countries in Europe have some amazing wildlife that can be seen all year round. Wildlife holidays let nature lovers see flora and fauna that they may never otherwise get the chance of experiencing. A trip to Africa will enable you to see many amazing animals that are only found on that continent. Asia also has some excellent locations where wildlife can be seen in its natural surroundings. More and more people are now becoming aware that Europe also is worth a visit if you are a nature lover.
If you are about to plan your next wildlife holiday, you might want to think about visiting Europe to see some of the amazing animals that can be found there. Here are a few ideas for places to visit and what you can expect to see:
- Spain – This country is a great place to visit if you want to see killer whales. July and August are some of the best times to spot these amazing animals. You may be able to hire a boat to take you out to get a close-up look or people have also managed to see them from land. One of the world’s most endangered animals can also be found in Spain but you will have to be very lucky to spot one. The Iberian Lynx is only found in Spain and their numbers have dwindled to less than 500 in recent years.
- Germany – Germany is a great country to visit if you want to see wild boar. These animals can be elusive so you might need to hire a guide if you want the best chance of seeing one. You will also be able to see other animals in Germany like polecats, deer and the Eurasian lynx. If you are a bat lover, you will be able to find many different species all around the country.
- Sweden – This Scandinavian nation is a great place to visit and it offers nature lovers many things to see. The worlds largest population of elk can be found in Sweden and you will be able to find guides who can offer you amazing, up-close experiences of these very special animals. You will then be able to jump into a canoe and go looking for beavers.
- Croatia – This is a great place to visit if you want to see brown bears. It is recommended to hire a guide when looking for wildlife in Croatia, as they will be able to give you the best chances of seeing some of the amazing wildlife that can be found in this country. Butterfly lovers won’t be disappointed in Croatia either, as the country is home to many different types of butterfly.
- Iceland – A visit to Iceland should be on every bird watcher’s bucket list. One of the most popular birds that people want to see when visiting the country is the puffin. You will be able to view large groups of these birds huddled together on spectacular cliff faces. Again, it is highly recommended to book a guide for your trip to Iceland, as you will have the best chance of spotting the country’s wildlife.
Europe should not be forgotten when looking for places to see amazing wildlife. You will be able to find a plethora of different animals across the continent whilst enjoy a spectacular holiday. Booking your holiday online will probably give you the best chance of finding a bargain.